There are times to text and times to not text.
- You should never text at a party, because that is rude, unless you are texting, 'this party is so much fun I can't text you anymore.'
- You should never text while driving, because that is dangerous, unless you are texting, 'I'm driving so I can't text you anymore.'
- You should never text while driving your car into a lake, because phones aren't waterproof and the warranties don't cover that sort of damage. When you go to your wireless service provider and try to tell them it just broke, they will take off the back cover and show you that the sticker changed color. Then you're screwed.
- You should never text a land line, because that does not work, unless the land line you are texting is some type of telegram/morse code thing, because maybe that would work.
- You should never text someone who does not own a phone, because then they can't text you back, and that's just plain mean. Likewise, you shouldn't text someone who does not have fingers, as it may seem like you are gloating.
Committee for the Advancement of Texting Decency and Etiquette