Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Now That's What I Call Music!

Dear NOW!,

Will you ever stop?

You're up to Volume 39 (39!) in the USA... Volume 79 (79!) in the UK... you've even put 23 damn albums in Portugal. Leave the Portuguese alone! They have enough problems as it is.

We get it; you and your obnoxious exclamation points are really successful... people purchase you. But 79 Volumes? Is that necessary? Your absurd number of Volumes is starting to appear condescending and arrogant. Please, give it a break, Now That's What I Call Music!

It seems that your musical mission is to catalog every overplayed song, combining them for a final assault on my ears. Take a decade off. Come back in the 2020s if you must, but I'm currently weary of your ways.

Being the best of the worst doesn't make you great.

Sincerely,

All Exhausted of Pop Music

21 comments:

  1. Maybe I'm out of the loop, but I had no idea they had so many volumes out. Geesh. "Now That's What I Call a Poor Excuse For Music!" is more like it.

    ~ Angela
    grahamandangela.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I remember making fun of how many volumes they had out about 8 years ago.... and they just keep on going and growing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to know the demographics on who is buying these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now, I assure you that these albums are FAR superior to any of the ear-splitting crapola that is known as Kidz Bop. (Shudder.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for this. I can't stand these collections.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I remember Now 4 and 5 in the 90's! Didn't realize they where still making music!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does anyone still buy CDs anymore?? We discovered some old NOW's at my husband's parents house and they were hilariously bad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 79!?! I stopped listening after the third one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just goes to show that it's not about the art anymore, but the money...

    ReplyDelete
  10. And I never call it music, its just always rape of my ears and dignity

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's British youth for you these days.
    If they keep buying it, they're gonna keep making 'em!!
    Either that or guns, knives & drugs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I simply cannot believe that these things are still around. I saw a commercial for this a few days ago and I was flabbergasted. I remember these when I was a teenager and it wasn't good then.

    ReplyDelete
  13. People buy CDs?!
    Wait until some Grandma mistakes Now 79! for a collection from her disco days.
    Okay yeah, that's not really funny but I'll press submit anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  14. haha thats a good one i think jimmy fallon stole your bit.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my God!! I am not buying any of these atleast! Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They shouldn't have to number them. The cover of the CD should automatically change to THEN as soon as a new NOW comes out.

    Because, seriously, once there's a new NOW, the old NOW is THEN.

    Does that make sense? No?

    Neither does 79 volumes of bad music. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those cds are fantastic... You can find classic songs were an important part of your life when you were younger.
    I love them all!

    ReplyDelete