Wednesday, June 2, 2010

// Forward Slashes //

Dear /,

As it turns out, for many years I have been incorrectly calling you a \. You aren't a \, you are a /.

It's embarrassing, but it's true. I've been saying H, T, T, P, colon, backslash, backslash, W, W, W, website name here for so long, when I should have been saying H, T, T, P, colon, forward slash, forward slash, W, W, W, website name here instead.

Wow.

And now that I've had time to think about this reverse directional name mix-hap, I've felt the error of my ways. I pause before saying backslash now. And let's face it, /, you are used much more often than your cousin, \.

And yet, with all due respect forward slash, I don't like calling you a forward slash. I prefer calling you a backslash because it saves me time. And the only reason I use you to begin with is to save time. So why should I call you forward slash when I can say backslash quicker. And to those who say: ' just call it a slash.' I respond: ' No gracias.'

Slash is boring. Backslash is funny. Forward slash takes to long.

Any slash worth anything is a backslash.

Sincerely///

Slashers

No comments:

Post a Comment