Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Epistemologists

Dear Epistemologists,

I think you've gone a little too far. Epistemology? Really? The study of knowledge... of knowing what we know? That just drips with intellectual arrogance. Knowledge alone isn't enough for you people, apparently that's a little too pedestrian for you. You're caught up studying the knowledge of knowledge.

And where's it going to stop? Are there going to be epistepistemologists, people who study how epistemologists know what they know about knowing?

Look, I know that you know that a lot of people know that knowledge is highly debatable, that infallibilism and indefeatability are unproven. And I know that you know that I know. But did you know that I know that you knew? No, of course you didn't, you idiot.

Epistemologists, come back down to earth. You need a vacation.

Sincerely,

Someone Who Doesn't Know What He Knows

2 comments:

  1. I don't achieve to understand what the real meaning of epistemology is... I mean, it doesn't have any sense and I'm totally sure nobody care about it.

    ReplyDelete